Friday, February 3, 2017

5 Minute Friday- Breathe


It's another 5 Minute Friday. You can read more about it at KateMotaung.com . Today's word is BREATHE...


Throughout my years of exercise, the thing I kept hearing most was, "Don't forget to breathe!" Well, how could I forget that! I've been doing this breathing thing for awhile. I might not have the V step, down, but I have got this breathing thing down! What I didn't realize was that there was a way to breathe that was exhausting me and counterproductive. When Christ breathed on the disciples and they received the Holy Spirit, He intended them to live and walk in the Spirit by the Spirit, not in their own efforts which were exhausting and counterproductive. He calls us to do the same by simply breathing Him in, taking Him as our very life. As Paul said in Galatians, "Now it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. The life which I now live, I live by the son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me.

2 comments:

  1. So true that it's easy to exhaust ourselves trying to do things in our own strength. We need to remember to breathe in the Holy Spirit and live out of his power. Visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the reminder. My own strength gets worn out really easily.

    ReplyDelete